I had been saving this recipe and finally got around to making it! Wish I had done so earlier. Simple to prepare and very tasty. There was a lot of sauce so next time I think I would cut it in half. Served with an avocado salad which was an excellent counter flavor.
Olive and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce over Chicken
This sauce is similar to a tapenade but has a thinner consistency.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/2 cup couscous, and 1/2 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 44.5g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 565mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 1 (8-ounce) jar oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Drain sun-dried tomatoes in a sieve over a bowl, reserving oil. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons reserved oil in a blender or food processor. Coarsely chop 2/3 cup drained tomatoes; place in blender or food processor. Place remaining oil and tomatoes in sun-dried tomato jar; reserve for another use. Add broth and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) to blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve chicken over couscous; top with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes