I got the ingredients together and was going to make it myself. Husband came in and said, hey, I will do it. He followed the recipe and it turned out fantastic. There is a small deli here in town and that was our first and only experience with the olive salad in the Muffulia Sandwich. It was as good or even better then the deli. It made alot though, so I put the remaining into 1/2 pint jars and canned in a pressure canner for 10 minutes. Been eating it ever since and it is just fantastic. I let a co-worker try it at work and her eyes rolled and she said I want the recipe. Great...This is definately a keeper.
- 1 (1-quart) jar mixed pickled vegetables
- 1 purple onion, quartered (optional)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pitted green olives, drained
- 2 (2 1/4-ounce) cans chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (7.25-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped (optional)
- Drain pickled vegetables, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Pulse pickled vegetables, onion, if desired, and next 10 ingredients in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Stir in reserved vegetable liquid and, if desired, roasted red peppers; cover and chill 8 hours. Chill leftover mixture up to 2 weeks.
- Note: We used mixed pickled vegetables that contained cauliflower, onion, carrot, pepper, and celery.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Olive Salad Recipe at a Glance