This was my first try at Kale Chips, and I generally liked the flavor, but I think I slightly overcooked them - you really have to watch them very closely b/c they go from crispy to browned very quickly. Will try again though.
Olive Oil and Sea Salt Kale Chips
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 14
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 0.0g
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 0.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 36mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 7 to 8 oz.* (1 small bunch) Lacinato kale (often sold as "dinosaur kale" and "Tuscan kale")
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt such as sel gris
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. Rinse kale and thoroughly blot dry with a kitchen towel. Tear leaves from ribs; discard ribs. Tear leaves into 4-in. pieces. Pour oil into a large bowl, add kale and salt, and toss to coat evenly.
- 2. Arrange leaves in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Bake, switching pan positions after 13 minutes, until leaves are crisp but not browned, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- *You can use larger bunches, but you'll need more oil and seasonings and maybe a third pan.
Make ahead: Up to 1 week, stored airtight.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This