Olive Oil-Poached Black Cod with Lemons, Capers, and Thyme
Poaching in oil keeps the fillet moist, not oily. Serve fish with hot cooked pasta, rice, or couscous for a complete meal. To reuse oil, cool completely, strain, and store in refrigerator for a week.
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) black cod or halibut fillet, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 lemons, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers, patted dry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. Place fish in bottom of a 2-inch-high baking dish, large enough to hold fish. Top with lemons and next 3 ingredients. Pour oil to cover over fish.
- 2. Bake 30 minutes or until fish is opaque and cooked through. Remove fillet with a slotted spoon; cut into portions.
- Tip: The flavor of the olive oil won't stand out in this recipe, so skip the extra virgin and go for a basic one.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes