Olive Oil Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 3 whole(s) large eggs
- 1 cup(s) olive oil
- 3/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 5 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate cut roughly 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 - Position a rack in middle of oven and preheat to 350F. Rub a 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with olive oil.
- 2 - Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, pouring back into bowl any remaining bits of grain or other ingredients in sifter, and set aside.
- 3 - In a large bowl, whisk eggs thoroughly. Add olive oil, milk, and rosemary, and whisk again. Using a spatula, fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, gently mixing until just combined. Stir in chocolate. Pour batter into pan, spreading it evenly and smoothing top.
- 4 - Bake for about 40 minutes, or until top is domed, golden brown, and darker around the edges, and a skewer in center comes out clean. Cake can be eaten warm or cool from pan, or cooled, wrapped tightly in plastic, and kept for up to 2 days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Olive Oil Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings