wonderful results, moist and rich, so easy to make. Good for any occasion - can be dressed up or down. Serve with fresh sliced fruit - strawberries or peaches, etc. Tangerine and or other juices can be increased slightly in cake and frosting for tastier results.
Olive Oil Bundt Cake with Tangerine Glaze
Tangerines are abundant this time of year. Use the juicy satsuma variety to prepare this Mediterranean-accented cake. It would also be a welcome hostess gift.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 54.8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 243mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh tangerine juice (about 2 tangerines), divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 10 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Set aside.
- Combine granulated sugar, milk, oil, 3 tablespoons juice, and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Lightly spoon 2 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to oil mixture, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until golden brown and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool cake completely on wire rack. Loosen edges of cake with a narrow spatula. Place a plate upside down on top of cake; invert onto plate.
- Combine powdered sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, and butter, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Olive Oil Bundt Cake with Tangerine Glaze Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts