Olive Oil-Balsamic Dipping Sauce
This simple concoction is a great multi-purpose sauce. For a fresh, quick salad, layer plum tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, and part-skim mozzarella cheese cubes in a shallow dish, and drizzle with olive oil-balsamic sauce. Or serve it with crusty whole grain bread, which is a good source of fiber.
For similar dressings, see our complete collection of salad dressing recipes.
More From Southern Living
- Calories: 214
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 27.5g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 1.5mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 390mg
- Calcium: 202mg
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16-ounce) unsliced multigrain bread loaf
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Drizzle oil and vinegar evenly over cheese mixture, and stir.
- Place bread loaf directly on lower oven rack. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated. Cut bread into 1-inch slices. Dip bread slices into sauce.
- Nutritional analysis includes bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note