"Poppin' peppers" by Michael Hastings. Olive tapenade boosts the flavor in this version. The most important part is cleaning out the peppers' insides. The seeds and white membranes contain most of the heat, so removing them leaves the peppers mild enough to eat. Jalapeno halves are easier to clean and stuff than whole. A grapefruit spoon is the best tool for efficiently cleaning a jalapeno half. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: August 17, 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- About 25 jalapenos
- 12 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup(s) tapenade or finely chopped, pitted green or black olives
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated onion (optional)
- 8 ounce(s) shredded cheddar, Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- 2. Trim stems off jalapenos. Cut in half lengthwise and scrape out all seeds and white membranes.
- 3. Mix cream cheese, tapenade, onion and grated cheese until well blended.
- 4. Tightly fill jalapenos with cheese mixture, mounding slightly. Place on pan, filling side up, and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until softened and browned. Cool slightly before serving.
- Other methods
- To broil, place filled jalapenos on lightly greased broiler pan. Broil about 6 inches away from the heating element for about 10 minutes, until bubbly, watching carefully to avoid burning and loss of filling.
- To grill, lightly grease bottoms of jalapenos and grill over medium to medium-low heat until bubbly and softened, about 10 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning and loss of filling.
- To cook in a skillet, heat a thin film of oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add jalapenos and cover. Cook until bubbly and softened, 10 to 15 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning and loss of filling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note