- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette (about 4 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup mild goat cheese, at room temperature
- calories 61
- fat 2 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 2 g
- carbohydrate 9 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 159 mg
- calcium 25 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, and set aside.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet; bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove toast slices from oven, and cool 2 minutes.
Rub both sides of each toast slice with garlic clove. Spread goat cheese thinly on 1 side of each toast, and top with the olive mixture.