@Katiebug123 - I noticed the recipe ended abruptly & left that info out. Most other recipes I've read say to add the cream & kale at the very end, simmer for 2-4 minutes, then serve. I'll be trying this recipe this week. Good luck & hope this helps!
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) italian sausage
- 1/2 pound(s) crumbled bacon
- 7 cup(s) water
- 3 cube(s) chicken bouilon
- 2 large red potatoes
- 1 med onion
- 2 cup(s) kale
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- In a dutch oven or large soup pot over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
- In the same dutch oven or large soup pot over medium-high heat, brown bacon; remove and set aside. Leave two tablespoons of rendered bacon fat in the skillet.
- Saute the potatoes, onion, and garlic in the rendered bacon fat over medium or low-medium heat. Saute until the onion begins to be translucent and the potatoes have are still a little firm, but are beginning to soften.
- Add the sausage, bacon, 7 cups water, and 3 chicken bouillon cubes to the pot. Simmer until the potatoes are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenzipooch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews