Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 See Below
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced white onions (about 1 small onion)
- 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup frozen cut italian green beans
- 1/4 cup minced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (Swanson is good *note: Do not use
- chicken broth!*)
- 1 (15 ounce)can red kidney beans , drained
- 1 (15 ounce)can small white beans or great northern beans , drained
- 1 /2 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots , julienned or shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup small shell pasta
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SLM624.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Cathyanne and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes