Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 See Below
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced white onions (about 1 small onion)
- 1/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup frozen cut italian green beans
- 1/4 cup minced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (Swanson is good *note: Do not use
- chicken broth!*)
- 1 (15 ounce)can red kidney beans , drained
- 1 (15 ounce)can small white beans or great northern beans , drained
- 1 /2 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup carrots , julienned or shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup small shell pasta
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SLM624.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Cathyanne and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note