Olive and Dried Tomato Lentil Salad
This lemony two-lentil salad travels well. I've packed it in containers for a picnic lunch and served it as a side dish with everything from pan-fried trout to steak.
- 1 cup French le Puy green lentils (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup red lentils (about 4 ounces)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted brine-cured olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the green lentils over moderately high heat until almost tender, about 15 minutes. Add the red lentils and continue cooking until all the lentils are tender, about 8 minutes longer. Drain the lentils. Return them to the saucepan and let cool to room temperature. Stir in the scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Make Ahead: The salad can stand at room temperature for up to 4 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads