- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°), divided
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 9 cups vertically sliced yellow onion (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 canned anchovy fillets, patted dry and mashed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 244
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 7.2 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 3.9 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 6.6 g
- carbohydrate 39.2 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 273 mg
- calcium 51 mg
How to Make It
To prepare dough, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup water. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 cups flour and the next 5 ingredients (through 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary), stirring until well blended.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 40 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Shape dough into a 15 x 13-inch rectangle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare filling, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, and garlic. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Uncover; reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes or until onions are soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato; cook 15 minutes or until mixture is almost dry. Stir in olives and anchovies.
Spread onion mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until crust is crisp. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.