Olive and Asiago Rolls
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 161
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 27.5g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 3 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flours, milk, and next 3 ingredients (milk through oil); beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.)
- Punch dough down. Cover and let rest 5 minutes. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Arrange olives over dough; knead gently 4 to 5 times or until olives are incorporated into dough. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough into 16 equal portions. Working with 1 portion at a time (cover remaining dough to keep from drying), roll each portion into a 2-inch ball. Repeat procedure with remaining dough portions. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Cut a 1/4-inch-deep "X" in the top of each roll.
- Combine water and egg white; brush over rolls. Bake at 375° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Olive and Asiago Rolls Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This