Delicious and easy to cook. I steamed the green beans which took a little longer than what the recipe said. The olives added a nice saltiness and the green beans and almonds add a yummy crunch. Definitely will make again!
Olive-Almond Green Beans
Move over plain green beans for a side serving of Olive-Almond Green Beans. The kalamata olives give these beans its saltiness, toasted almonds a bit of crunch, and a touch of citrus thanks to lemon rind.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Sodium: 254mg
- 1 pound trimmed green beans
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook green beans in boiling water in a large saucepan 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add green beans, almonds, olives, lemon rind, and salt. Cook bean mixture 2 minutes, tossing well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables