John spreads this rich olive paste on grilled or toasted French baguette slices and serves them alongside Yellow Tomato Gazpacho.
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- French baguette slices
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and tomatoes are plump.
- Process tomato mixture, olives, and next 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Serve with French baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers