John spreads this rich olive paste on grilled or toasted French baguette slices and serves them alongside Yellow Tomato Gazpacho.
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- French baguette slices
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and tomatoes are plump.
- Process tomato mixture, olives, and next 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Serve with French baguette slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note