Ole Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie
Ole Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie, the way Grandmother used to make it...
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2.5 cup(s) milk
- 3/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 3 whole(s) Eggs Seperated
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup(s) Coconut
- 1 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 package(s) Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- Preheat Over to 400 degrees, In a pan Whip 2 cups of Milk and 3/4 cups of sugar together and simmer, Whip and Temper egg yolks into hot milk and sugar mixture, careful not to scramble the eggs, In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch and remaining milk to make a slurry, whip into hot milk mixture, Boil and reduce to Simmer, Stir constantly until thick (about 4-6 minutes) Fold in Coconut, Vanilla and Butter, Pour in Graham Cracker Crust.
- To make meringue, Whip egg whites until stiff, Top Pie and Bake @ 400 Until Toasted.
- To top with Whipped Cream, Whip Heave Cream until stiff and add add confectioners sugar to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by katienorton and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ole Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries