Old-South Vegetable Bouillon
- 1 1/2 pounds turnip greens, cleaned
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place greens in a medium Dutch oven; add tomatoes. Cook over low heat until steam begins to form. Cover and cook 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Strain cooled mixture through cheesecloth; discard turnip greens and tomato pulp. Clarify bouillon according to procedure.
- Season bouillon with salt and pepper. Serve bouillon warm or chilled as an appetizer or use as a foundation for other soups or stews.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note