Old-Fashioned Tea Cakes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and nutmeg; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Divide dough in half; cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
- Roll half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2 1/4-inch round cutter, and place on greased baking sheets. Repeat procedure with remaining half of dough.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. (Cookies will be pale.) Cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts