Old Fashioned Swiss Steak
- report this post ground rules
- Posted on the COOKING FOR ONE OR TWO thread by NUTINVA and TURNAROUNDSUE. I made this for dinner on Saturday night. What a wonderful dish!!! This will become a regular at our house--
- Old Fashioned Swiss Steak
- Prep: 20 min Bake: 1 hours
- pound boneless beef top round steak
- teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (5 ounces) reduced sodium tomato juice
- cup diced canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- teaspoon prepared mustard
- Cut steak into two pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Using a mallet, pound flour into the meat. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on both sides. Transfer to a shallow 1-qt baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the same skillet, saut onion in drippings until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over meat. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hours or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lindymom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note