Old-Fashioned Spicy Chili
- 2 pound(s) ground beef extra lean (or turkey or bison)
- 1 whole(s) onion, large chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) chili powder or less for milder chili
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 32 ounce(s) dark red kidney beans, canned with juice
- 16 ounce(s) whole tomatoes, canned, with juice chopped (or use pre-chopped in can)
- 6 ounce(s) tomato paste
- Combine beef, onion, garlic, cumin, and salt. Brown beef and drain liquid.
- Stir in chili powder, flour and sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover, simmer for 30 minutes over low heat. Add a little water if needed to thin chili.
- Better next day.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mlvangil and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note