Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bag SUCCESS White or Brown Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can evaporated low-fat 2% milk, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cherries*
- Boiling water
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Stir together rice, butter, 1 cup evaporated milk, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan, and cook, stirring often, over medium heat 20 minutes or until rice mixture is thick and creamy.
- Place cherries in a small bowl; add boiling water to cover, and let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
- Stir together egg and remaining evaporated milk until blended; gradually pour into hot rice mixture in pan, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and cherries. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon. Serve warm, or cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- *1/2 cup raisins may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This