Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup(s) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cardamon
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) pumpkin pulp puree from sugar pumpkin or canned
- 1 1/2 cup(s) light cream or 12oz evaporated milk
- 1 single layer pie crust
- * To make pumpkin purée from a sugar pumpkin: start with a small-medium sugar pumpkin, cut out the stem and scrape out the insides, discard (save the seeds, of course). Cut the pumpkin in half and lay cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet lined with silpat or aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F until fork tender, about an hour to an hour and a half. Remove from oven, let cool, scoop out the pulp. (Alternatively you can cut the pumpkin into sections and steam in a saucepan with a couple inches of water at the bottom, until soft.) If you want the pulp to be extra smooth, put it through a food mill or chinois.
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2 Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat the eggs and add to the bowl. Stir in the pumpkin purée and cream. Whisk all together until well blended.
- 3 Pour into pie shell and bake at 425°F for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes reduce the temperature to 350°F. Bake 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4 Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ReblSouza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note