Old Fashioned Pot Roast with Gravy
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) petite Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1/2 pound(s) carrots cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 clove(s) garlic halved
- 2 1/2 pound(s) lean sirloin tip roast
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 14 ounce(s) can fat free less sodium beef broth
- 10 3/4 ounce(s) low sodium,lowfat cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 1.1 ounce(s) envelope dry beefy onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1. Place potatoes, carrots and garlic in a 6 qt slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper, place on top of the vegetables.
- 3. Combine tomato paste and next 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour over meat and vegetables. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour, reduce heat to LOW and cook 8 hours or until meat is very tender.
- 4. Transfer meat to a serving platter. Place vegetables around meat. Cove and keep warm.
- 5. Combine cornstarch and water , stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir cornstarch mixture into juices in the slow cooker. Increase heat to HIGH, cover and cook 12 minutes or until slightly thickened. Server gravy with meat and vegetables.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note