Old fashioned pot roast and roasted veggies with mild cajun seasoning
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper (red pepper)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) Dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Allspice
- 2-3 pound(s) Boneless chuck roast
- 1 Small butternut squash Cut up in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Large onion Chopped
- 6 Small to medium sized Russet potatoes Peeled and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 2 Sweet potatoes Peeled and chopped into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 12-ounce can(s) Beef broth Divided
- 3 tablespoon(s) Cold water
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cornstartch
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Minced garlic
- 1. Make mild Cajun spice seasoning
- Stir together salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and allspice until evenly blended. Store in an airtight container.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over roast, place fat side up in dutch oven; bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 4. Reduce heat to 325 degrees, sprinkle roast with desired seasoning; add 1/2 cup beef broth to dutch oven, cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- 5. Cut up vegetables. Set aside.
- 6. Remove the dutch oven from the oven; add 3/4 beef broth to Dutch oven
- Take half of the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes and onions and add them to the roast. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning (about 1 tsp), cover and roast for another hour or until veggies are tender. At the same time, line a 9x13 glass pan with foil, add the remaining vegetables into the pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over vegetables and sprinkle with garlic. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning (about 1 tsp). Stir until vegetables are coated with oil. Place in oven next to covered pot roast and roast for 1 hour or until tender.
- 7. Remove roast to platter and slice; surround with veggies, cover with foil and keep warm. Serve veggies from 9x13 pan in a separate bowl/dish.
- 8. Add cornstarch to cold water, whisk and add to dutch oven,whisk while bringing to boil, simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened; ladel over roast and veggies or serve gravy separately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ADMZFAM and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes