Old fashioned pot roast and roasted veggies with mild cajun seasoning
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper (red pepper)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) Dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Allspice
- 2-3 pound(s) Boneless chuck roast
- 1 Small butternut squash Cut up in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Large onion Chopped
- 6 Small to medium sized Russet potatoes Peeled and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 2 Sweet potatoes Peeled and chopped into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 12-ounce can(s) Beef broth Divided
- 3 tablespoon(s) Cold water
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cornstartch
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Minced garlic
- 1. Make mild Cajun spice seasoning
- Stir together salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and allspice until evenly blended. Store in an airtight container.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over roast, place fat side up in dutch oven; bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 4. Reduce heat to 325 degrees, sprinkle roast with desired seasoning; add 1/2 cup beef broth to dutch oven, cover and bake for 40 minutes.
- 5. Cut up vegetables. Set aside.
- 6. Remove the dutch oven from the oven; add 3/4 beef broth to Dutch oven
- Take half of the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes and onions and add them to the roast. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning (about 1 tsp), cover and roast for another hour or until veggies are tender. At the same time, line a 9x13 glass pan with foil, add the remaining vegetables into the pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over vegetables and sprinkle with garlic. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning (about 1 tsp). Stir until vegetables are coated with oil. Place in oven next to covered pot roast and roast for 1 hour or until tender.
- 7. Remove roast to platter and slice; surround with veggies, cover with foil and keep warm. Serve veggies from 9x13 pan in a separate bowl/dish.
- 8. Add cornstarch to cold water, whisk and add to dutch oven,whisk while bringing to boil, simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened; ladel over roast and veggies or serve gravy separately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ADMZFAM and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note