Everyone has a meatloaf recipe, it is a family staple. This is my new favorite--BEST. Meatloaf. EVER. Husband agreed this is the best one we've ever tasted. Followed the recipe, but topped it with tomato-chile gravy. Served with mashed cauliflower and potatoes and a green salad. Couldn't want a better meal than this. Give this meatloaf recipe a try--you'll be amazed!
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Garnish: chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat; add celery and onion, and sauté 7 minutes or just until tender.
- Stir together celery mixture, ground beef, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into a 10- x 5-inch loaf; place on a lightly greased broiler rack. Place rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Stir together remaining 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and 1 tablespoon ketchup until blended; pour evenly over meatloaf, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until no longer pink in center. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning and Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes