- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Garnish: chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat; add celery and onion, and sauté 7 minutes or just until tender.
Stir together celery mixture, ground beef, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into a 10- x 5-inch loaf; place on a lightly greased broiler rack. Place rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Stir together remaining 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and 1 tablespoon ketchup until blended; pour evenly over meatloaf, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until no longer pink in center. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning and Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning.