These were ok. Like the recipe said nothing fancy here. I prefer red or yukon potatoes for mashed potatoes.
Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro
Nothing fancy here, just good, basic mashed potatoes that are great as is or topped with gravy. For extra flavor, sprinkle with chopped chives.
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 169
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Carbohydrate: 34.2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 329mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 5 pounds cubed peeled baking potato
- 3/4 cup warm 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the potato in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Combine the milk, butter, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add potato; let stand 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- Beat the potato mixture with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This