Old-Fashioned Layered Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup salad dressing*
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium-size purple onion, diced
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped smoked turkey or bacon
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Stir together first 6 ingredients.
- Layer half each of lettuce, next 5 ingredients, and, if desired, cucumber in a bowl. Spread half of dressing over top; repeat. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- * For testing purposes only, we used Miracle Whip Salad Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note