- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bone-in pork chops, 1 1/2 inches thick (2 chops = 3/4 lb)
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage links, casings removed
- 4 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Garlic, undrained
- 1 can (12 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Paste
- 1 quart water (1 qt = 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 pound dry pasta, uncooked
How to Make It
Hands On: 10 minutes
Total: 3 hours 10 minutes
Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chops; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned on both sides. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm. Brown sausage in same pan, stirring occasionally to crumble sausage; drain. Return to pan.
Add chops, diced tomatoes with their liquid, the tomato paste, water and basil; mix well. Reduce heat to low; simmer 2-1/2 to 3 hours, or until sauce is thickened and meat is falling off the bones, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard bones.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve topped with the sauce.