Old Fashioned Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 1% milk
- 1/2 cup(s) cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cup(s) half-n-half (low-fat)
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 can(s) sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 3/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- Combine first five ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium just to a boil (200 degrees). Meanwhile, beat egg yolks and sugar in a stand mixer. Slowly add hot cream mixture to eggs/sugar, beating constantly (check to be sure eggs come up to &gt;160 degrees).
- Refrigerate mixture for several hours, then process in ice cream maker.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AubrePolo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Old Fashioned Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Ice Cream/Sherbet