- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton commercial sour cream
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Creamy Lemon Frosting
- Cream shortening; add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and molasses. Combine dry ingredients; gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter into a well - greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Spread Creamy Lemon Frosting over top of cake. Cut gingerbread into squares to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note