Old Fashioned Eggnog
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 qt. light cream, divided
- 1 cup golden rum or 1 tablespoon rum extract plus 1 cup water
- Garnish: nutnemg, cinnamon sticks
- Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add sugar amd salt. beating until thick.
- Combine egg mixture and 2 cups light cream in a large saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook over low heat until mixture coats the back of a metal spoon and reaches 160° on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining light cream; add rum or extract and water. Chill several hours. Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Old Fashioned Eggnog Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Beverages