Old-Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
- Combine sugar, eggs, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; beat until light and lemon colored. Combine butter and flour, stirring until well blended. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; beat well. Gradually add milk, beating until smooth and creamy. Fold in 1 cup coconut.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pastry shell. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup coconut over top. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries