Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) hot water
- 3/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 with rack in center. Spray 2 8x2-inch round cake pans with non stick spray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Combine water, oil, vinegar, instant coffee, and vanilla in large measuring cup. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk just until combined - a few lumps are OK. Divide batter betweeen pans, then bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool cakes on a rack 15 minutes, then invert them onto rack. Leave cakes upside down (this flatenes domed cakes) to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JudyRice and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes