Old-Fashioned Chewy Fudge Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; mix well, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter over hot water in top of a double boiler, stirring veil. Gradually stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture. Stir in eggs, vanilla, and chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 325° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Cut into squares to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note