Old-Fashioned Chewy Fudge Cake
Yield: one 13- x 9-inch cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a medium mixing bowl; mix well, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter over hot water in top of a double boiler, stirring veil. Gradually stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture. Stir in eggs, vanilla, and chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 325° for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Cut into squares to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings