Old-Fashioned Caramel Cream Pie
Yield: one 9-inch pie
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 baked (9-inch) pastry shell
- Whipped cream
- Combine 1 cup sugar, flour, and salt in a medium saucepan; add milk and egg yolks, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar evenly in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until sugar caramelizes. Remove from heat, and carefully pour into warm cream mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Pour caramel mixture into pastry shell; chill completely. Serve with dollops of whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries