Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Waffles
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) malted milk powder or sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 2-1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- canola oil if needed
- maple syrup and butter if needed
- 1. Preheat over 200 degrees F. Have jellyroll pan ready, preheat regular (not Belgian) waffle iron. Sift together flour, milk powder, baking powder, soda, and salt. In another bowl whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, egg yolks, and vanilla; add to flour mixture, and stire just until combined. The batter will be quite lumpy.
- 2. In small bowl, using clean whisk or handheld mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. With large spoon, scoop whites onto batter. Using whisk, gently and evenly fold whites in. Batter may have few small lumps
- 3. If your waffle iron is not nonstick, lightly oil waffle grid. Ladle some of batter over grid, close lid, and cook until waffle is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to pan: keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4. Serve waffles with syrup and butter.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SchellerFamily and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note