Old-Fashioned Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Cream butter in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, flour, soda, salt, bananas, and pecans; mix well.
- Pour batter into a wellgreased 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove bread from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads