Old-Fashioned Apple Butter
- 6 pounds apples, cored and sliced
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place apple slices and cider in a flat-bottomed kettle. Bring to a boil; cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Press apples through a sieve. Return strained pulp to kettle; cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until pulp rounds up in a spoon. Add sugar and spices. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, 1 hour or until mixture thickens.
- Quickly ladle apple butter into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4- inch headspace. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling water bath 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Dips/Spreads