Old Dominion Fried Chicken With Gravy
Yield: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) broiler-fryer, cut up
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a plastic or paper bag; shake to mix. Place 2 or 3 pieces of chicken in bag; shake well. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Set 2 tablespoons seasoned flour aside.
- Heat shortening in a large skillet to 350°; add chicken, and fry 5 minutes, turning frequently to brown on all sides. Reduce heat; cover and cook an additional 25 minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain off pan drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in skillet. Add reserved flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve gravy with fried chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes