Okra and Tomatoes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; drain and crumble, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside.
- Dredge okra in flour.
- Sauté onion in reserved drippings until tender. Add okra; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in tomato and sugar; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables