- Peanut oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp (3 1/35 count), peeled and coarsely chopped
- Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Cilantro Sour Cream
How to Make It
Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°.
Stir together okra and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended; stir in shrimp.
Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Serve with salsa and sour cream.