Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cups cleaned and thinly sliced okra (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sauté bacon and okra in a Dutch oven until lightly browned. Add onion and green pepper; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Stir in rice, broth, tomatoes, and salt. Bring to a boil; stir once. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Before serving, fluff lightly with a fork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note