Yield: 4 servings
- 8 bacon slices, diced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh okra*
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Sauté okra, onion, and bell pepper in hot drippings over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in bacon. Let stand 5 minutes.
- *1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note