Okra Gumbo Freezer Mix
- 5 pounds fresh okra, sliced
- 6 medium onions, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients; spoon into 2 (13- x 9-inch) pans. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 300° for 2 hours, stirring after 1 hour. Let cool completely; spoon into 4 (1-pint) freezer containers, and freeze up to 4 months.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This