- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1 pint Okra Gumbo Freezer Mix
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Set aside.
- Bring Okra Gumbo Freezer Mix and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 10 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Discard bay leaves, and serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note