Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1 pint Okra Gumbo Freezer Mix
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Set aside.
- Bring Okra Gumbo Freezer Mix and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 10 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Discard bay leaves, and serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews