Dress up okra, a humble but beloved Southern favorite, with spicy Creole flavors for a mouthwatering side dish. This recipe calls for frozen and canned vegetables, so no chopping required.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced okra
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen onion seasoning blend
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Cook okra and next 6 ingredients in hot drippings in Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Top with crumbled bacon. Serve over rice, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables