Amazing! I added paprika
Okra-and-Corn Maque Choux
Use fresh corn and okra in this Maque Choux dish for best results. If you don't like spicy food you can easily sub the hot sausage for a milder version to fit your tastes.
More From Southern Living
- 1/4 pound spicy smoked sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and diced tomato (1/2 lb.)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sauté sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until browned. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add corn, okra, and tomato; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: We tested with Conecuh Original Spicy and Hot Smoked Sausage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note