- 1/4 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1 log (about 6 oz.) fresh chèvre (goat cheese)
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh raw corn kernels (from 1 ear corn)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces mixed baby salad greens (about 8 cups)
- 1 nectarine, rinsed, pitted, and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup raspberries, rinsed
- 1/3 cup blueberries, rinsed
- Blossoms from 5 stems fresh lavender (see notes), rinsed
How to Make It
Prep and cook time:About 30 minutes
On a small rimmed plate, mix bread crumbs and 1½ teaspoons herbes de Provence. Coat chèvre log with 2 tablespoons olive oil, then gently roll the log in bread-crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet and bake in a 400° regular or convection oven until bread crumbs are golden, 10–12 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, spread pine nuts in a small baking pan; toast in same oven until light golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool.
Combine corn kernels with 1 cup water in a 1- to 1½-quart pan over high heat; bring to a simmer and cook just until corn kernels are heated through, about 2 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
In a large bowl, whisk remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, and remaining ½ teaspoon herbes de Provence until smoothly blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add salad greens, corn kernels, nectarine, raspberries, blueberries, and half the pine nuts and mix gently to coat. Divide among salad plates. Cut chèvre into ½-inch slices or chunks. Top salads evenly with chèvre, remaining pine nuts, and lavender blossoms.
Per serving: 337 cal., 77% (261 cal.) from fat; 7 g protein; 29 g fat (4 g sat.); 14 g carbo (4 g fiber); 171 mg sodium; 13 mg chol.